Builders' Merchant Company Ltd (BMCo Ltd) is the largest independent Builders' Merchant in North Lincolnshire, with a long tradition of supplying timber and building materials throughout the area. We were previously known as Harrison Jewitt Ltd, which was an amalgamation of G.S. Jewitt Landscaping Building Materials, a heavyside Merchant, and Harrison Timber, which as the name suggests specialised in Timber, Sheet Material and Joinery Products. As we are very proud of being able to trace our roots back to 1928, where the original depot was based in John Street in Scunthorpe, we decided to celebrate our long, independent tradition by reverting back to our original name of Builders' Merchant Company Ltd in October 2010.
Builders' Merchant Company Ltd is now based on a purpose built 4 acre site on Scotter Road South in Scunthorpe, and have recently added a 1000m² specifically designed timber store and sales office.
We at BMCo Ltd pride ourselves on providing excellence in customer service, achieved through the commitment and knowledge of our staff. We currently have a fleet of 3 vehicles: 2 with HIAB crane offload, 1 with a tipper facility. We are one of the few merchants to have a dedicated timber mill where we can machine orders, from bespoke individual requirements to larger contract orders. Our heavyside department maintains extensive bulk bays, allowing us the flexibility of both a wide range of decorative gravels and building aggregates. We have the largest patio display area locally which together with our brick and block range, means we are confident of supplying the building needs for both the trade and DIY customer.
We have recently designed and rolled out our new website, where materials can be bought from the comfort of your home and then delivered from our stock, showing our continued commitment to improve customer service and invest in our business.